from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not tolerating irrelevancies; direct, efficient, and practical: the no-nonsense tones of a stern parent; plain, no-nonsense meals at a diner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Practical, not concerning oneself with anything silly or unimportant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not tolerating irrelevant or frivolous distractions; businesslike; serious.
- adj. Serving the purpose without unnecessary complications; uncomplicated; plain; not fancy.
- adj. Practical and economical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not tolerating irrelevancies
Sorry, no etymologies found.