from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having to do with an uncle.
- adj. Regarded as characteristic of an uncle, especially in benevolence or tolerance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the manner of an uncle, pertaining to an uncle.
- adj. Kind, genial, benevolent, or tolerant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an uncle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to an uncle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a uncle in kindness or indulgence
- adj. being or relating to an uncle
From Latin avunculus, maternal uncle; see awo- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin avunculus ("maternal uncle"). (Wiktionary)