from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of parcel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dividing and distributing in portions or parts.
- n. Long, narrow slips of canvas daubed with tar and wound about a rope like a bandage, before it is served; used, also, in mousing on the stayes, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, long narrow strips of canvas, generally tarred, wound spirally about a rope so as to give a smooth surface. Also parsling.
- n. Nautical, the process of wrapping or winding a rope with parceling, or tarred strips of canvas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan
Sorry, no etymologies found.