from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of reapportioning or the state of being reapportioned.
- n. Redistribution of representation in a legislative body, especially the periodic reallotment of U.S. congressional seats according to changes in the census figures as required by the Constitution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of reapportioning; a second or subsequent apportionment.
- n. Reassignment of representation in a legislature, especially of U.S. House of Representative seats, in accord with changes in the census population determination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A second or a new apportionment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A renewed apportionment; a new proportional distribution or arrangement: as (in the United States), the reapportionment of members of Congress or of Congressional districts under a new census.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a new apportionment (especially a new apportionment of congressional seats in the United States on the basis of census results)
c. 1930 reapportion + -ment (Wiktionary)