from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that distributes, especially a device that applies electric current in proper sequence to the spark plugs of an engine.
- n. One that markets or sells merchandise, especially a wholesaler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who distributes, a thing that distributes.
- n. In an internal combustion engine, the device that distributes current to the spark plugs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A machine for distributing type.
- n. An appliance, as a roller, in a printing press, for distributing ink.
- n. An apparatus for distributing an electric current, either to various points in rotation, as in some motors, or along two or more lines in parallel, as in a distributing system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as distributer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electrical device that distributes voltage to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine in the order of the firing sequence
- n. a person with authority to allot or deal out or apportion
- n. a company that markets merchandise
- n. someone who markets merchandise
Sorry, no etymologies found.