American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that mediates, especially one that reconciles differences between disputants.
- n. Physiology A substance or structure that mediates a specific response in a bodily tissue.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who mediates; one who interposes between parties; especially, one who interposes for the purpose of effecting reconciliation.
- n. A go-between; an agent.
- n. Synonyms Intercessor, interceder, propitiator.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who mediates; especially, one who interposes between parties at variance for the purpose of reconciling them; hence, an intercessor.
- n. a negotiator who acts as a link between parties
- Latin mediātor ("one who mediates"), from mediātum, supine of mediō ("be in the middle"), from medius ("middle"). (Wiktionary)
“He looks upon them only _through their mediator_; and what He sees to commend, is seen and commended only through, and on account of, their mediator.”
“The term mediator means that Jesus is the implementer and enforcer of the promises of the new agreement.”
“The role of mediator is likely to provide another sticking point.”
“French President Nicolas Sarkozy was the main mediator in Georgian-Russian conflict and he has already visited Tbilisi and Moscow once, while executing this mission.”
“The task of the mediator is to help the parties to open difficult issues and nudge them forward in the peace process.”
“A multiprotein mediator of transcriptional activation and its interaction with the C-terminal repeat domain of RNA polymerase II.”
“You don't like the word mediator, I know (inaudible) the American journalists.”
“And yet the word mediator 'cannot be applied in the same sense to both.”
“Hence it appeared that the law could not be designed to set aside the promise; for (v. 20), A mediator is not a mediator of one, of one party only; but God is one, but one party in the promise or covenant made with Abraham: and therefore it is not to be supposed that by a transaction which passed only between him and the nation of the”
“German mediator arrived in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday with Israel's response to a proposed deal with Palestinian prisoners for a captured soldier, an official of the Israeli response to a prisoner swap deal that would secure the release of a captured Israel soldier in German mediator awaiting a final answer on the terms of a prisoner swap with”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mediator’.
AAMS countries, access to Communi..., access to informa..., accession criteria, accession negotia..., accession to an a..., accession to the ..., accession to the ..., ACP countries, ACP-EC Committee ..., ACP-EC Convention, ACP-EC Council and 1088 more...
absolute majority, absolute monarchy, abstentionism, access to informa..., acquisition of arms, action brought be..., action for annulment, action to establi..., ad hoc committee, adjournment, adjournment motion, administration and 965 more...
Looking for tweets for mediator.