from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that mediates, especially one that reconciles differences between disputants.
- n. Physiology A substance or structure that mediates a specific response in a bodily tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who negotiates between parties seeking mutual agreement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who mediates; especially, one who interposes between parties at variance for the purpose of reconciling them; hence, an intercessor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who mediates; one who interposes between parties; especially, one who interposes for the purpose of effecting reconciliation.
- n. A go-between; an agent.
- n. Synonyms Intercessor, interceder, propitiator.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a negotiator who acts as a link between parties
Latin mediātor ("one who mediates"), from mediātum, supine of mediō ("be in the middle"), from medius ("middle"). (Wiktionary)