from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who speaks on behalf of another or others. See Usage Note at man.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who speaks as the voice of a group of people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who speaks for another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who speaks for another or others; an advocate; a representative.
- n. One who or that which speaks; one who is able to speak.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a male spokesperson
Probably spoke, past participle of speak + man.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From spoke, past participle of speak + man (Wiktionary)