from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A vine on which grapes grow.
- n. The informal transmission of information, gossip, or rumor from person to person.
- n. A usually unrevealed source of confidential information.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The plant, a vine of genus Vitis, on which grapes grow
- n. A rumor
- n. An informal person-to-person means of circulating information or gossip.
- n. A move in which the feet are alternately placed in front of each other, while both remaining on the ice or ground, incorporating half-turns.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vine or climbing shrub, of the genus Vitis, having small green flowers and lobed leaves, and bearing the fruit called grapes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous woody vines of genus Vitis bearing clusters of edible berries
- n. gossip spread by spoken communication
grape + vine (Wiktionary)