from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous marine algae, such as a kelp, rockweed, or gulfweed.
- n. Any of various marine plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of numerous marine plants and algae, such as a kelp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Popularly, any plant or plants growing in the sea.
- n. Any marine plant of the class Algæ, as kelp, dulse, Fucus, Ulva, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any plant or plants growing in the sea; more particularly, any member of the class Algæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plant growing in the sea, especially marine algae
sea + weed (Wiktionary)