from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The position or office of a leader: ascended to the leadership of the party.
- n. Capacity or ability to lead: showed strong leadership during her first term in office.
- n. A group of leaders: met with the leadership of the nation's top unions.
- n. Guidance; direction: The business prospered under the leadership of the new president.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the capacity of someone to lead
- n. a group of leaders
- n. The office or status of a leader.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office, position or function of a leader.
- n. The quality of character and personality giving a person the ability to gain the confidence of and lead others.
- n. The people who serve as leaders of a group.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office of a leader; guidance; control.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ability to lead
- n. the body of people who lead a group
- n. the status of a leader
- n. the activity of leading
From leader + -ship. (Wiktionary)