American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of guiding.
- n. Counseling, such as that provided for students seeking advice about vocational and educational matters.
- n. Any of various processes for guiding the path of a vehicle or missile, by means of built-in equipment.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of guiding; a leading or conducting; direction; instruction.
- n. the act or process of guiding
- n. advice or counselling on some topic
- n. any process or system to control the path of a vehicle, missile etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act or result of guiding; the superintendence or assistance of a guide; direction; government; a leading.
- n. the act of guiding or showing the way
- n. the act of setting and holding a course
- n. something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
- See guide + -ance (Wiktionary)
“The word guidance is significantly absent from the”
“On Friday, the IRS issued what it called guidance, or tax information, for businesses and individuals affected by the spill.”
“What "guidance" is "mr. outspoken" Charley Rangel waiting for? does he mean to say that he's not going to endorse Obama if Clinton says not to??”
“Long term guidance which is not next year we have been indicating we believe that will be in access of 34 to 36%.”
“The other groups we look at what we have articulated as our long term guidance which is kind of in the ballpark of our 10% goal.”
“The focal point in the presentation given by CEO John Chambers was the unequivocal reiteration of the company's long-term guidance, meaning annual growth of 12-17\% over the next three to five years.”
“Investors are waiting for it to offer some near-term guidance," said Kevin Flanagan , chief interest-rate strategist at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.”
“Or at the very least some guidance from the * very* top.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘guidance’.
additionality, audit trail, accounting standards, auditing standards, general audit obj..., a posteriori audit, a priori audit, above board, acceptable error ..., access rights, accountability, accountable entities and 1283 more...
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words in the Bible evoking biblical stories or with special spiritual meaning. Proper names have been reduced to the minimum.
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Very basic words for ESL students.
A place for NASA-related stuff, from Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab, etc.
all things learning design
Looking for tweets for guidance.