from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of guiding.
- n. Counseling, such as that provided for students seeking advice about vocational and educational matters.
- n. Any of various processes for guiding the path of a vehicle or missile, by means of built-in equipment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act or process of guiding
- n. advice or counselling on some topic
- n. any process or system to control the path of a vehicle, missile etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or result of guiding; the superintendence or assistance of a guide; direction; government; a leading.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of guiding; a leading or conducting; direction; instruction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of guiding or showing the way
- n. the act of setting and holding a course
- n. something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
See guide + -ance (Wiktionary)