from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Instruction or training given at school.
- n. Education obtained through experience or exposure: Her tumultuous childhood was a unique schooling.
- n. The training of a horse or a horse and rider in equitation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. training or instruction
- n. education
- n. the training of a horse at dressage
- v. Present participle of school.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Instruction in school; tuition; education in an institution of learning; act of teaching.
- n. Discipline; reproof; reprimand.
- n. Compensation for instruction; price or reward paid to an instructor for teaching pupils.
- adj. Collecting or running in schools or shoals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Instruction in school; tuition.
- n. Compensation for instruction; price paid to an instructor for teaching pupils.
- n. Reproof; reprimand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of teaching at school
- n. the process of being formally educated at a school
- n. the training of an animal (especially the training of a horse for dressage)
Sorry, no etymologies found.