from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that is required; a necessity.
- n. Something obligatory; a prerequisite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A necessity or prerequisite; something required or obligatory.
- n. Something asked.
- n. A statement (in domain specific terms) which specifies a verifiable constraint on an implementation that it shall undeniably meet or (a) be deemed unacceptable, or (b) result in implementation failure, or (c) result in system failure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of requiring; demand; requisition.
- n. That which is required; an imperative or authoritative command; an essential condition; something needed or necessary; a need.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of requiring, in any sense; demand; requisition.
- n. That which requires the doing of something; an authoritative or imperative command; an essential condition; claim.
- n. That which is required; something demanded or necessary.
- n. Synonyms Requisite, Requirement (see requisite), mandate, injunction, charge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. anything indispensable
- n. required activity
- n. something that is required in advance
In that case, assuming the private couple meets the requirements of the forum state which often includes, among other requirement, a *residency requirement*, a home study within the jurisdiction, and several procedural hoops, has a valid adoption, then travels back to Oklahoma, thenyes.
The term "requirement" does not mean that detention of U.S. citizens is optional under this provision.
My main requirement is that I be within 1-2 hours of Guadalajara, since that airport has frequent, relatively cheap service to and from the US west coast where my kids live.
I believe formulating such a requirement is an an interesting subject on its own. jstults
It appears the requirement is being adopted by more and more states now.
A part of the requirement is a personal interview which can be done via email.
But the requirement is the package stay functional -- period.
Its clear the requirement is all about pumping up the eye doctor business.
Section 1022's use of the word 'requirement' also has been misinterpreted as allowing U.S. citizens to be detained, but this provision does not in any way create this authority.
When we inquired about any discount of income requirement for owning a home in Mexico, we were told by the Mexican Consulate in Kansas City, Missouri that the requirement is the same, regardless of whether you own your home or not.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.