from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The rank or office of a steward.
- n. The act of caring for or improving with time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office of a steward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office or functions of a steward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of steward
From Middle English stiwardshepe, equivalent to steward + -ship. (Wiktionary)