from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of monitor.
- n. The act of listening, carrying out surveillance on, and/or recording the emissions of one's own or allied forces for the purpose of maintaining and improving procedural standards and security, or for reference, as applicable.
- n. The act of listening, carrying out surveillance on, and/or recording of enemy emissions for intelligence purposes.
- n. The act of detecting the presence of signals, such as electromagnetic radiation, sound, or visual signals, and the measurement thereof with appropriate measuring instruments.
- n. The act of detecting the presence of radiation and the measurement thereof with radiation measuring instruments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of observing something (and sometimes keeping a record of it)
Sorry, no etymologies found.