from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The office or position of one acting as a guardian or conservator, especially in a legal capacity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office, duty, or care, of a guardian; protection; care; watch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office of a guardian; protection; care; watch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the responsibility of a guardian or keeper
- n. attention and management implying responsibility for safety
guardian + -ship (Wiktionary)