from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unintentional omission or mistake.
- n. Watchful care or management; supervision.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An omission; something that is left out, missed or forgotten.
- n. supervision or management
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Watchful care; superintendence; general supervision.
- n. An overlooking; an omission; an error.
- n. Escape from an overlooked peril.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Superintendence; inspection; watchful care.
- n. A mistake of inadvertence; an overlooking; omission; error.
- n. Synonyms Supervision, inspection, control, direction, management, charge.
- n. Inadvertence, etc. (see negligence), mistake, blunder, slip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. management by overseeing the performance or operation of a person or group
- n. a mistake resulting from inattention
- n. an unintentional omission resulting from failure to notice something
over- + sight. (Wiktionary)