from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The office, rank, or jurisdiction of a pastor.
- n. A pastor's term of office with one congregation.
- n. A body of pastors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The role or responsibilities of a pastor.
- n. The period of service of a particular pastor to their congregation; their term of office.
- n. An organization or body consisting of multiple pastors.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office, state, or jurisdiction of a pastor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The status or office of a pastor, or the people under his spiritual care. Hence The time during which a pastor remains in charge of a parish: as, a pastorate of twenty years.
- n. The body of pastors in a given community.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pastors collectively
- n. the position of pastor
Sorry, no etymologies found.