from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See prelacy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. prelates in general
- n. the office of a prelate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or dignity of a prelate; prelacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state, dignity, or office of a prelate; also, the period during which the functions of a prelate are exercised.
- n. Prelacy; the order of prelates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. prelates collectively
- n. the office or station of a prelate
Sorry, no etymologies found.