from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The office, jurisdiction, or official residence of an ecclesiastical dean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The position held by a dean.
- n. The house in which a dean lives.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office or the revenue of a dean. See the Note under benefice, n., 3.
- n. The residence of a dean.
- n. The territorial jurisdiction of a dean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office or the revenue of a dean.
- n. The house of a dean.
- n. The jurisdiction of a dean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the official residence of a dean
- n. the position or office of a dean
Sorry, no etymologies found.