American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of erecting.
- n. Something erected; a construction.
- n. Physiology The firm and enlarged condition of a body organ or part when the erectile tissue surrounding it becomes filled with blood, especially such a condition of the penis or clitoris.
- n. Physiology The process of filling with blood.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of erecting, or setting upright; a raising or lifting up; a stiffening or bristling up: as, the erection of a flagstaff or of a building; the erection of drooping leaves or of a crest of feathers.
- n. The state of being erect.
- n. The act of building or constructing: as, the erection of a church.
- n. That which is erected, especially a building or structure of any kind: as, there are many ancient erections of unknown use.
- n. The act of establishing or founding; establishment; settlement; formation; institution: as, the erection of a commonwealth; the erection of a bishopric or of an earldom.
- n. The act of raising from a lower position or condition to a higher; elevation: as, the erection of a church into a cathedral.
- n. Elevation or exaltation of sentiments.
- n. The act of rousing; excitation.
- n. In physiology, turgidity and rigidity of a part into which erectile tissue enters: specifically said chiefly of the penis and clitoris.
- n. In astrology, the construction of a scheme or figure of the heavens.
- n. uncountable The act of building or putting up or together of something; construction.
- n. uncountable Anything erected or built.
- n. physiology The physiological process by which a penis becomes erect by being engorged with blood.
- n. A penis or clitoris that has become rigid.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of erecting, or raising upright; the act of constructing, as a building or a wall, or of fitting together the parts of, as a machine; the act of founding or establishing, as a commonwealth or an office; also, the act of rousing to excitement or courage.
- n. The state of being erected, lifted up, built, established, or founded; exaltation of feelings or purposes.
- n. State of being stretched to stiffness; tension.
- n. Anything erected; a building of any kind.
- n. (Physiol.) The state of a body part which, from having been soft, has become hard and swollen by the accumulation of blood in the erectile tissue; -- used especially of the penis.
- n. an erect penis
- n. a structure that has been erected
- n. the act of building or putting up
- From Latin erectio, noun of action from perfect passive participle erectus, from verb erigere, from prefix e- ("out of") + regere, + action suffix -io. (Wiktionary)
“If your erection is of sufficient mass to distort space and time, see a doctorate in physics immediately.”
“The male, without an erection, is announcing a lack of arousal.”
“A fresco-style ceiling painting that includes a depiction of a man with an erection is an example of the excesses of the Fellowship, Haven said.”
“By the way ... the erection is 72 hours, which just happens to be another bad side effect, especially should you suffer a heart attack and need emergency medical treatment”
“An erection is blood that is cut off already in the penis, therefor, if you die while having an erection, it can stil lbe there after death as nothing released the blood from the penis.”
“Low budget and ease of erection is important. jacquie angove Says:”
“Because anxiety has been shown to enhance arousal and erection, this theory would predict increases in erection in homophobic men.”
“The date of the erection is unknown, for it was found there when the Aztecs entered on the plateau.”
“Corpora The cells in the Corpora Cavernosa are filled with blood until an erection is achieved.”
“Many men imagine that the turgid condition of an erection is due to the local accumulation of semen, and that these can only be naturally got rid of by an ejaculation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘erection’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A list of difficult words for L2-12 learners.
words that can become each other by changing just one letter
Looking for tweets for erection.