from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of completing or the state of being completed.
- n. Football A forward pass that is caught in bounds by a receiver.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or state of being or making something complete; conclusion, accomplishment.
- n. The conclusion of an act of conveyancing concerning the sale of a property.
- n. The act of making a metric space complete by adding points.
- n. The space resulting from such an act.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of making complete; the getting through to the end.
- n. State of being complete; fulfillment; accomplishment; realization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of completing, or bringing to the desired end; a carrying or filling out; full performance or achievement; consummation; conclusion: as, the completion of a building; the completion of one's education, or of an enterprise.
- n. Fulfilment; accomplishment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (American football) a successful forward pass in football
- n. a concluding action
Sorry, no etymologies found.