from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that erects: an erector of skyscrapers.
- n. A muscle that causes or maintains the erection of a body part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who, or a device which erects.
- n. Any of several muscles that make parts of the body erect.
- n. An attachment to a microscope, telescope, etc. for making the image erect instead of inverted.
- n. A vehicle used to support a rocket for transportation and for placing the rocket in an upright position within a gantry scaffold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, erects.
- n. A muscle which raises any part.
- n. An attachment to a microscope, telescope, or other optical instrument, for making the image erect instead of inverted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which raises or erects.
- n. One who builds, establishes, or founds.
- n. A workman employed to put in place the steel part of buildings, bridges, or ships.
- n. A machine, such as a derrick, used to place material in position in any structure.
Sorry, no etymologies found.