from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various devices that are used to inject something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, injects.
- n. A contrivance for forcing feed water into a steam boiler by the direct action of the steam upon the water. The water is driven into the boiler by the impulse of a jet of the steam which becomes condensed as soon as it strikes the stream of cold water it impels; -- also called Giffard's injector, from the inventor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which injects; specifically, an apparatus for forcing water into a steam-boiler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a contrivance for injecting (e.g., water into the boiler of a steam engine or particles into an accelerator etc.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.