from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that sprinkles, especially:
- n. An outlet on a sprinkler system.
- n. A device with perforations through which water issues from a hose to sprinkle a lawn.
- n. A sprinkler system.
- transitive v. To equip with a sprinkler system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything that sprinkles.
- n. An irrigation device that sprays water into the air whilst moving back and forth.
- n. A fire sprinkler; a heat actived fire extinguisher.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who sprinkles.
- n. An instrument or vessel used in sprinkling; specifically, a watering pot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sprinkles.
- n. Milit., same as morning-star, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mechanical device that attaches to a garden hose for watering lawn or garden
sprinkle + -er (Wiktionary)