from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brittle, flat piece of unleavened bread, eaten especially during Passover.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Thin, unleavened bread.
- n. A piece of the above bread.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cake of unleavened bread eaten by the Jews at the feast of the Passover.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. brittle flat bread eaten at Passover
Yiddish matse, from Hebrew maṣṣâ; see mṢ́Ṣ́ in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Hebrew מַצָּה ("matza") (Wiktionary)