from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A religious tablet, usually carrying a representation of Christ or the Virgin Mary, which is kissed by the priest during the Mass ("kiss of peace"); it is then passed to others at the mass who also kiss it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to kissing; kissing.
- adj. Pertaining to, or having the properties of, an osculatrix; capable of osculation.
- n. Same as pax, 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to kissing; kissing.
- In geometry, osculating. See osculate, v. t., 2.
- n. In the Roman Catholic Church, a small tablet in former times kissed by priest and congregation in the mass: same as pax.
Sorry, no etymologies found.