American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that limits: a limiter of choices.
- n. Electronics A circuit that prevents the amplitude of a waveform from exceeding a specified value. Also called clipper.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which limits or confines.
- n. A friar licensed to beg, collect convent-dues, preach, or perform other duties within certain limits, or in a certain district.
- n. That which limits.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, limits.
- n. A friar licensed to beg within certain bounds, or whose duty was limited to a certain district.
- n. (electronics) a nonlinear electronic circuit whose output is limited in amplitude; used to limit the instantaneous amplitude of a waveform (to clip off the peaks of a waveform)
“Good thing there is not a word limiter on this blog.”
“They have a built in limiter to their imagination.”
“Finally a "limiter" stops my voice going over a certain decibel level.”
“For example this amp has a built-in Deltacomp adaptive limiter which is designed to prevent the power amp from distorting.”
“A city utility worker had installed a "limiter" device to restrict the use of electricity at Schur's home on Jan. 13, Belleman said.”
“Utility officials said Schur owed about $1,000 resulting in a "limiter" being put on his home.”
“On Jan. 13, a worker with the city-owned utility installed a "limiter" on Schur's electric meter after four months of unpaid bills.”
“A city utility worker had installed a "limiter" device to restrict the use of electricity at Schur's home on Jan. 13, said Belleman.”
“Bay City Manager Robert V. Belleman said a worker with Bay City Electric Light & Power placed a "limiter" device outside Schur's home, between Schur's electricity meter and electrical service, on Jan. 13. phone: 989-894-8345 fax: 989-893-7121”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘limiter’.
Vocabulary of road transport and roadworthiness
With focus on non-classical styles, but not excluding terms of the latter.
Looking for tweets for limiter.