from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that couples, especially a device for coupling two railroad cars.
- n. A device connecting two organ keyboards so that they may be played together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who couples things together, especially someone whose job it is to couple railway carriages.
- n. Anything that serves to couple things together; but especially a device that couples railway carriages.
- n. A device that connects two keyboards of an organ together so that they play together.
- n. A device used to convert electronic information into audible sound signals for transmission over telephone lines.
- n. An electrical device used to transfer energy from one electric device to another, especially without a physical connection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who couples; that which couples, as a link, ring, or shackle, to connect cars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which couples, joins, or unites.
- n. In zoology, a plate which joins one of the swimming-appendages of a crustacean to its fellow on the opposite side of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mechanical device that serves to connect the ends of adjacent objects
Shortly after the introduction of pneumatic action, an organ with an occasional octave coupler, that is a coupler which depressed a key an octave higher or lower than the one originally struck, was sometimes met with.
Mr. Beard invented also a car-coupler which is used on a great many railroads throughout the United States.
Yes you can connect that to your mac with the "coupler" you've bought
* Look for a "coupler" sleeve at sex shops that attach to the harness to hold a dildo inside you.
March 2nd, 2009 at 7: 50 pm antisera apart appropriation bankrupts begin byword counterparts coupler cranes devotedly Egyptian ellipse elm Epicurean Kidde miscarriage pixel rightfulness Samuels shutout Sonora substrate toughness buy generic viagraC/a absenteeism countess curious founts gab perusers playhouse prototypically summation.
Start with a coupler that will allow you to run a 2-inch pipe and connectors.
The wire harness coupler could have been damaged during vehicle assembly, which could cause the engine to stall or sparks to fire intermittently.
The weldable coupler provided will need to be welded though the bottom, legs added, then simply attach the fittings, ring, hose, propane BBQ tank and add sand.
If he had known the sixth or was he the seventh young coupler, if he had seen, that not everyone suffers as he does, if he had spared us the danger of his rise, but he could not, because he moves in one direction; he could not care less for the shock he dispatches with his eye.
Adding the German-engineered KLICKfix quick-release coupler lets you attach the basket to your bike's handlebars with a snap and release it with the push of a button.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.