from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang The control stick of an aircraft.
- n. Slang A manual control or cursor device, as one attached to a computer or video game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mechanical device consisting of a handgrip mounted on a base or pedestal and typically having one or more buttons, used to control an aircraft, computer or other equipment.
- n. A penis.
- v. To manoeuvre by means of a joystick.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane
- n. a manual control consisting of a vertical handle that can move freely in two directions; used as an input device to computers or to devices controlled by computers
joy + stick (Wiktionary)