from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device (or, more precisely, a mating pair of devices, often a plug and a socket) for connecting together two wires, cables, or hoses, allowing electricity or fluid to flow but also allowing easy disconnection and reconnection when necessary.
- n. A highway or freeway road which connects to another highway or freeway. It can be part of an interchange or a longer roadway such as the 1.5 mile (2.5 kilometer) U.S. Route 24 Connector.
- n. A line connecting two shapes in presentation software.
- n. A software component that provides access from an application program to an external database or data source, such as a JDBC connector.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flexible tube for connecting the ends of glass tubes in pneumatic experiments.
- n. A device for holding two parts of an electrical conductor in contact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which connects.
- n. In geometry, one of the ranges determined by n coplanar points (‘dots’) in a polystigm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrumentality that connects
We established what we called a connector, a place where individuals could go to buy policies from any company, and that connector would in turn send their premiums on to those companies.
Korean Air's new strategy was to try to become the main connector between Asia and cities in North America, and to target international travelers headed for Japanese cities other than Tokyo.
You can physically attach the iPad keyboard to either through the 30-pin connector, but the software in the device would have no idea of how to handle the input because there are no device drivers.
This week, a patent came to light for a “cartridge for electronic game machine,” which looks like an elongated cartridge for a Nintendo DS game system — complete with the same 17-pin connector at the bottom (yes, I counted).
It will also include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a speaker, microphone, compass and 30-pin connector to plug into iPod accessories.
That western section of the connector is scheduled to open late this year or early next.
These extra-thin clients are known as "zero clients," and serve as the connector from the data center to the user's monitor, printer and peripherals.
Available at Best Buy, Target and Wal-Marts nationwide is DXG USA's DXG-567V HD camcorder, a $179 pocket cam that shoots 720p high-def video (1280 x 720, at 30 frames per second) and lets you connect the gadget to a PC's USB port with its built-in connector to directly upload video to a blog or YouTube.
The iPhone headphone connector is recessed for some unapparent reason.
Just pop the end on these batteries to reveal a built in connector and charger, then plug into any powered USB port on your desktop, laptop, keyboard, games console, etc to charge the battery.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.