from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of driving or propelling.
- n. A driving or propelling force.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Force causing movement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act driving forward or away; the act or process of propelling.
- n. An impelling act or movement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of propelling or driving forward; impulse given.
- n. In pathology, same as paralysis festinans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of propelling
- n. a propelling force
Medieval Latin prōpulsiō, prōpulsiōn-, onslaught, urging on, from Latin prōpulsus, past participle of prōpellere, to drive forward; see propel.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Medieval Latin propulsio ("term"), from Latin past participle of propello ("to drive forward, drive forth, drive away, drive out") (Wiktionary)