from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that reacts to a stimulus.
- n. Electronics A circuit element, such as a coil, used to introduce reactance.
- n. Physics A nuclear reactor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who behaves in response to a suggestion, stimulation or some other influence.
- n. A structure used to contain chemical or other reactions.
- n. A device which uses atomic energy to produce heat.
- n. A chemical substance which responds to the presence or contact with another substance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A choking coil.
- n. A nuclear reactor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which reacts; specifically: In electricity, a reactive coil.
- n. In experimental psychology, the observer in a reaction experiment; the person who executes a movement in response to a prearranged sensory stimulus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (physics) any of several kinds of apparatus that maintain and control a nuclear reaction for the production of energy or artificial elements
- n. an electrical device used to introduce reactance into a circuit
Sorry, no etymologies found.