from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The power of human physical strength.
- n. Power in terms of the workers available to a particular group or required for a particular task. See Usage Note at man.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The total number of all available workers; the workforce.
- n. The power exerted by a single person (analogous to horsepower.)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the force of workers available
man + power (Wiktionary)