from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The capacity, as of a weapon, weapons system, military unit, or position, for delivering fire.
- n. The ability to deliver fire against an enemy in combat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the capacity of a weapon to deliver fire onto a target
- n. the ability to deliver fire
- n. the ability to shoot and score goals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The relative capacity for delivering weapons fire on a target.
- n. A measure of the resources available to a group which allows them to achieve their objectives; capacity for action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (military) the relative capacity for delivering fire on a target
fire + power (Wiktionary)