American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state of being liquid.
- n. The quality of being readily convertible into cash: an investment with high liquidity.
- n. Available cash or the capacity to obtain it on demand: a bank that is increasing its liquidity by shortening the average term of its loans.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being liquid; fluid consistence; capacity of flowing freely.
- n. The quality of being smooth, flowing, and agreeable: said of sound, music, etc.
- n. uncountable The state or property of being liquid.
- n. economics, countable An asset's property of being able to be sold without affecting its value; the degree to which it can be easily converted into cash.
- n. finance Availability of cash over short term: ability to service short-term debt.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state or quality of being liquid.
- n. the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
- n. the property of flowing easily
- n. being in cash or easily convertible to cash; debt paying ability
“But what if the Fed has to sell assets to drain liquidity from the economy faster than it might prefer, and thus take losses on its portfolio?”
“We expect this increase in liquidity is going to be here to stay for some time as the advanced countries, and in particular the United States, struggles to reignite growth and to stabilize their economies.”
“First, the term liquidity when referred to by the Fed, simply means that there is ample money flowing around to create the consumption based economy that we live and breathe.”
“But again liquidity is the name of the game in this market.”
“Bank analysts also said the bailout reduces the chances of a short term liquidity crunch among the Portuguese banks, which have been unable to issue debt in financial markets for the past 12 months.”
“The distribution of system in the liquidity is also very skewed on account of lumpy inflows for Coal India's IPO, said Manish Wadhawan, director and head of interest rates at HSBC India.”
“This is a credit problem and it's a little bit complicated but what it means is the sub prime mortgages have now been repackaged by the Wall Street bros, sent out everywhere, and coming up in all kind of places and hurting what we call the liquidity of the market, the oxygen the credit markets use to breathe and that is having ramifications across the board.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘liquidity’.
Budgetese - not a sexy topic but a very comprehensive list of words and collocations used in EU circles. Budgeting experts please comment and expand.
heading, across-the-board ..., emergency reserve, frontload, mopping-up, performance reserve, positive margin, negative margin, public finances, structural operat..., administrative ex..., management of EU ... and 657 more...
Options terms you must know in order to be a successful options trader.
abandon, accrued interest, acquisition, adjusted option, affidavit of domi..., all-or-none order..., american deposito..., american stock ex..., american-style op..., arbitrage, ask or offer, assigned and 366 more...
mostly from magoosh
GRE PREP WORDS
harbringers of the apocalypse in slogan form
Looking for tweets for liquidity.