from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who liquidates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, liquidates.
- n. An officer appointed to conduct the winding up of a company, to bring and defend actions and suits in its name, and to do all necessary acts on behalf of the company.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which liquidates or settles; specifically, in Great Britain, in com., an officer appointed to conduct the winding up of the affairs of a firm or company, to bring and defend actions and suits in its name, and to do all necessary acts on behalf of the firm or company: called a receiver in the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a criminal who commits homicide (who performs the unlawful premeditated killing of another human being)
- n. (law) a person (usually appointed by a court of law) who liquidates assets or preserves them for the benefit of affected parties
Sorry, no etymologies found.