from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that pays taxes or is subject to taxation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who is subject to, liable for, or pays tax as opposed to a nontaxpayer who is neither the subject nor the object of revenue laws (Economy Heating vs. United States, 470F2nd,585(1972)).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is assessed and pays a tax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is assessed and pays a tax or taxes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who pays taxes
Sorry, no etymologies found.