from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state, quality, or degree of being acid.
- n. Hyperacidity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being acid
- n. The quality of sour; sourness; tartness; sharpness to the taste, as in the acidity of lemon juice.
- n. Excessive acid quality, as in gastric secretions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being sour; sourness; tartness; sharpness to the taste.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being acid or sour; sourness; tartness; sharpness to the taste.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the taste experience when something acidic is taken into the mouth
- n. pH values below 7
- n. the property of being acidic
From French acidité, from Latin aciditātem, accusative singular of aciditās ("sourness, acidity"), from acidus ("sour, acid"). See acid. (Wiktionary)