American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Chemistry Any of two or more substances that are composed of the same elements in the same proportions but differ in properties because of differences in the arrangement of atoms.
- n. Physics Any of two or more nuclei with the same mass number and atomic number that have different radioactive properties and can exist in any of several energy states for a measurable period of time.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a compound that exhibits the properties of isomerism with reference to some other compound. Also isomeride.
- n. chemistry Any of two or more compounds with the same molecular formula but with different structure.
- n. physics Any of two or more atomic nuclei with the same mass number and atomic number but with different radioactive properties.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) A compound which is isomeric with another body or compound; a compound having the same chemical composition as another compound; a member of an isomeric series.
- n. a compound that exists in forms having different arrangements of atoms but the same molecular weight
- iso- + -mer (Wiktionary)
- Greek īsomerēs, having equal share : īso-, iso- + meros, part, share; see (s)mer-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“However, the trans-10 cis-12 CLA isomer alone is known to have some adverse effects, such as, fatty liver formation, insulin resistance, etc. which can be corrected by combining with the cis-9 trans-11 CLA isomer, which is known to improve insulin sensitivity as well as fatty liver formation, "wrote the researchers.”
“Because all amino acids except glycine are chiral, biosynthetic pathways must generate the correct isomer with high fidelity.”
“Chemet® (succimer) contains the stable meso isomer of dimercaptosuccinic acid which has also been known as DMSA.”
“An isomer is an atomic isotope already charged with energy.”
“To get any kind of explosion, start with the hafnium isomer 178m2.”
“So storing energy in a hafnium isomer is one thing.”
“B fork the deterministic isomer generator back to the CDK”
“Each molecule blend, each dimer and isomer, will have different properties.”
“Sometimes her brains get a little too big for her Bible: On '' Mary Jane, '' she fails to find a rhyme for '' tetrahydrocannabinol pure isomer dronabinol. '”
“The octane isomer has a good ability to resist premature detonation of an air fuel mix.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘isomer’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
My big word list.
words from Cormac McCarthy books.
Looking for tweets for isomer.