from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A very large molecule, such as a polymer or protein, consisting of many smaller structural units linked together. Also called supermolecule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very large molecule, especially used in reference to large biological polymers (e.g. nucleic acids and proteins).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A very large molecule, especially a polymer having from hundreds to many thousands of atoms, such as DNA, RNA, protein, polysaccharide, polyethylene, polycarbonate, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A molecule consisting of several molecules.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any very large complex molecule; found only in plants and animals
macro- + molecule (Wiktionary)