from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A monster who was half man and half bull, to whom young Athenian men and women were sacrificed in the Cretan labyrinth until Theseus killed him.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A fictional creature, half man and half bull.
- proper n. A minotaur, half man and half bull, who dwelled in the labyrinth in Crete and who was killed by Theseus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fabled monster, half man and half bull, confined in the labyrinth constructed by Dædalus in Crete.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, a monster represented as having a human body and the head of a bull, who was the offspring of Pasiphaë, wife of Minos, and a bull sent by Poseidon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) a mythical monster with the head of a bull and the body of a man; slain by Theseus
See minotaur (Wiktionary)