American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Outside; external: exoskeleton.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prefix in words of Greek origin, meaning ‘without,’ ‘outside’: used chiefly in scientific compounds, where it is usually equivalent to ecto-: opposed to endo- or onto-.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A prefix signifying out of, outside.
- From Ancient Greek ἔξω (exō, "outer, external"). (Wiktionary)
- From Greek exō, outside, from ex, out of; see eghs in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘exo-’.
morphemes greek and latin prefixes, suffixes and roots.
Word parts that turn a word into a pointing word, cisatlantic — this side of the Atlantic, exoskeleton — skeleton on the outside, etc
Looking for tweets for exo-.