from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of being tart; sharpness of taste; sourness; bitterness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being tart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or property of being tart.
- n. Sharpness of language or manner; acerbity; severity.
- n. Synonyms Asperity, Harshness, etc. See acrimony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the taste experience when vinegar or lemon juice is taken into the mouth
- n. a rough and bitter manner
- n. a sharp sour taste
tart + -ness (Wiktionary)