from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being harsh.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being harsh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being harsh.
- n. Synonyms Asperity, etc. (see acrimony); austerity, churlishness, rigor, roughness, bluntness, hardness, sternness, cruelty, rudeness; discordance, dissonance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excessive sternness
- n. the roughness of a substance that causes abrasions
- n. the quality of being unpleasant (harsh or rough or grating) to the senses
- n. the quality of being cruel and causing tension or annoyance
harsh +-ness (Wiktionary)