from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state or quality of being destructive
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of destroying or ruining.
- n. The faculty supposed to impel to the commission of acts of destruction; propensity to destroy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being destructive; tendency to destroy or ruin.
- n. In phrenology, the tendency to destroy or overthrow, supposed to be located in a special organ of the brain. See cut under phrenology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of causing destruction
destructive + -ness (Wiktionary)