from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or fact of being normal; normalcy.
- n. Chemistry The concentration of a solution, expressed in gram equivalent weights of solute per liter of solution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being normal or usual; normalcy.
- n. The concentration of a solution expressed in gram equivalent weights of solute per litre of solution.
- n. A measure of how well an observed distribution approximates a normal distribution.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Conformity with the norm; the state of being normal; the normal condition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being normal, or in accord with a rule or standard.
- n. In geometry, the property of being normal; normalcy.
- n. In chem. anal., the quality of being normal or of normal strength: said of a solution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. conformity with the norm
- n. (of a solution) concentration expressed in gram equivalents of solute per liter
- n. being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning
- n. expectedness as a consequence of being usual or regular or common
normal + -ity (Wiktionary)