from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state, quality, or character of being conventional.
- n. A conventional act, idea, or practice.
- n. The rules of conventional social behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being conventional
- n. Something conventional; a convention
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being conventional; adherence to social formalities or usages; that which is established by conventional use; one of the customary usages of social life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being conventional as opposed to natural; artificiality; a conventional custom, form, term, principle, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. orthodoxy as a consequence of being conventional
- n. unoriginality as a result of being too conventional
- n. conformity with conventional thought and behavior
conventional + -ity (Wiktionary)