from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being polite.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. High finish; smoothness; burnished elegance.
- n. The quality or state of being polite; refinement of manners; urbanity; courteous behavior; complaisance; obliging attentions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being polite; smoothness; polish; finish; elegance.
- n. Good breeding; polish or elegance of mind or manners; refinement; culture; ease and grace of behavior or address; courteousness; complaisance; obliging attentions.
- n. Synonyms Courtesy, civility, urbanity, suavity, courtliness. See polite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a courteous manner that respects accepted social usage
- n. the act of showing regard for others
polite + -ness (Wiktionary)