Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being rude.
- n. Crudeness; roughness; clumsiness.
- n. Inelegance: lack of refinement or polish; uncouthness; awkwardness.
- n. Humble position; rusticity; low life.
- n. Barbarism; lack of civilization or enlightenment; ignorance.
- n. Coarseness of manners or conduct; boorishness; churlishness; discourtesy; incivility.
- n. Roughness of weather; tempestuousness; storminess; inclemency.
- n. Impetuosity; brunt; fierceness: as, the rudeness of a conflict.
- n. Synonyms Ruggedness.
- n. Impertinence, Effrontery, etc. (see impudence), surliness, impoliteness, uncouthness.
- n. Property of being rude.
- n. a wild or unrefined state
- n. a manner that is rude and insulting
- rude + -ness (Wiktionary)
“Adeline thought the term rudeness a harsh one, as La Motte applied it, but she forebore from any expression of displeasure.”
“And a good master he'll be, though he's a bit too polite, and down upon what he calls rudeness, which is only our way,' said one of the young men.”
“COOPER: I assume it's fair to say you've never seen this kind of level of what you called rudeness of, I guess, anger in a public forum like this.”
“COOPER: I assume it's fair to say you have never seen this kind of level what you call rudeness of, I guess, anger in a public forum like this.”
“Does it occur to _you_ that what you call rudeness may be exactly the sort of wholesome irritant needed by people of your class?”
“Chiselhurst's town house, for you must remember there was her husband in the background -- a violent man, as you have said; and Lord Donal must have thoroughly angered the Princess by what you term his rudeness in tearing off her glove; and now the Princess will never admit that she was at the ball, so it seems to me that you are wasting your time in a wild goose chase.”
“As between the governor and the Indian orator, the savage had shown himself by far the more mannerly; yet so unwilling were the Indians to break with the English that on the next morning, seeing Shute about to re-embark, they sent messengers to him to apologize for what they called their rudeness, beg that the English flag might be returned to them, and ask for another interview, saying that they would appoint another spokesman instead of Wiwurna, who had given so much offence.”
“If it had been a Democrat that had done the same thing to President Bush he would have already been tarred and feathered but Republicans think their rudeness is just fine.”
“No. But the question of rudeness is the subject of thispost.”
“In fact, in many cases, rudeness is preferable silence.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘rudeness’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words that make other words with the addition of one letter at the beginning. The resulting words are tagged "behead".
Looking for tweets for rudeness.